15 March 2014

DKNY Fall Fashion Week 2014

This post is looooong overdue. Although the show was about a month ago, I think we need to revisit my favourite show I watched. Unfortunately, I had to watch it through a live-stream that froze every 3 seconds, but it was all worth the hassle. The show was far from a disappointment; from the opening to the closing and everything in between everything was, for lack of better words, perfect.

Shall we take a look at my top walks?





From the many looks on the runway, these 4 stuck out the most to me for multiple reasons. For one, I have developed a slight obsession with coats and jackets and the black and white print and plain black coats both caught my eye immediately and have stayed ingrained in my mind since I saw them almost a month ago.

Secondly, I LIVE for prints. Any print that catches my eye is in my closet; from plaid to stripes, I love them all. The blue print dress caught my eye for the vibrant colour and how gracefully the dress shape falls on the models body. The shape leaves you with so many shoe options, and who doesn't love a reason to wear 12 different shoes with the same dress?

My absolute favourite part about the show was the Yankee hats many of the models were sporting. With my die-hard love for the Yankees, and my New York blood running through me, I giggles with excitement whenever I saw the all black hat. Even better, nothing seemed off whenever a model wore the hat. It just completed everything about the fashion show.

 These two looks amaze me. If a designer can pull off the skirt with a t-shirt like top, they get an A+ in my books. The look on the left is the perfect balance of colour and of style. The black and white gives perfect contrast and the balance of a flowy skirt and loose top keep the look neat and fashionable.

On the right, I love the sheer jacket over top the black dress, almost sporty looking and still super stylish. My love for Donna increases as this post goes one.

And can we take a moment to love these heels. Words cannot describe how in love I am. So simple, yet so effective. Classic black, strappy heels, that is what I love.

I know, it's been a month since the show, but I can't let any of you forget about how amazing the DKNY show was and how wonderful of a designer Donna Karan is.

Stay Fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment