07 June 2014

CFDA Awards

As most of you know, the CFDA, or Council of Fashion Designers of America, awards happened not too long ago. Some of you may be wondering, "what is the CFDA awards?"; well, the awards specifically honor the excellence of fashion design, and it goes as far as nicknaming the awards, the Oscars of fashion. About 1,500 CFDA members, editors, and stylists nominate and the winners are announced at the annual award ceremony held in New York City.

Given that it is a fashion award ceremony, the fashion choices seen at the event are ones that you cannot miss. This year, two specific women caught my eye, and I just cannot get enough of what they chose to wear. The two women are Rihanna and Blake Lively. Two of the most incredibly stylish women I've seen in Hollywood.





On this occasion, Rihanna most likely said to herself, go big or go home, and on June 3rd she went big. In this gorgeous, sheer Adam Selman gown Rihanna blew everyone away. Although it is quite scandalous, I do applaud Rihanna for making the bold move and choosing this gown. When I look at this gown, I think of the Great Gatsby. The slicked back glitter-covered wrap on her hair, the pink fur boa and little wave on the sides of her head gives of the Gatsby vibe and I am truly loving it. I would never in a billion years ever dare to go as far as wearing this gown, but I absolutely adore this. 

A little fun fact about this gown: it is covered in over 200,000 Swarovski crystals. 
Let the jaws drop.


Another not so scandalous fashion choice at the CFDA awards was the lovely Blake Lively.



While channeling every girl's inner 60s love, Blake Lively attended this award ceremony in an olive green and pale pink accented Michael Kors mini. Michael holds a special place in my heart, his bags are to die for and this mini dress is the envy of everyone. Not everyones first choice is an olive green mini, but Blake, as always, make this dress work. It's already beautiful, but paired with an armful of gold bangles and hoop earrings, the whole 60s inspired look is complete. Obsessed is the one word that comes to my mind when I see this ensemble.


This brings us to a conclusion of the CFDA awards and how truly beautiful everyone looked. Tell me who your favourite was at the awards!!

Stay Fierce
Amber xx

No comments:

Post a Comment