18 August 2016

Long Time No See Tommy

For the past few years old has become the new 'new'. Everywhere you turn someone is wearing something they either bought from a vintage shop, dug up from their parents' closet from back in the day, or just reviving the classics from designers. History does repeat itself and that includes fashion.

Although the Tommy Hilfiger brand hasn't been around for THAT long, it has been floating around long enough for it to make a comeback, 31 years to be exact. With the support of Mohan Murjani in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger was able to launch his newest clothing line debuting with a high-profile marketing campaign in New York City.

The brand reached popularity in the 90s when the style of that decade changed completely. Hilfiger changed his designs to fit the birth of looser clothing, oversized logos, and the relaxed fit to apply to the American 'preppy' lifestyle that surfaced. His brand also gained popularity amongst the hip-hop scene, as Snoop Dogg appeared on live television rocking a Tommy sweatshirt, encouraging fellow rappers and their fans to jump on the trend.

As time went on, the brand continued to thrive and grow as a fashion line. I feel as we reached the 2000s and the 2010s, Tommy held up its name, but it faded towards the back of people's minds as other brands became more mainstream.

Since "Old is the New New", I've seen Tommy a lot more frequently. It's classic tees and preppy styles have worked their ways back into today's mainstream vintage image and I LOVE IT.

I've always appreciated the old Tommy items I've owned, but I don't know if it's because I've seen it more frequently, but I am more and more drawn to my Tommy tees. They are as classic as the classic Tommy tees can get. I bought it in red and white, and I wear them at least once a week. Paired with any denim, the look is achieved with little to no difficulty.  I'm addicted.




The re-emergence of Tommy Hilfiger can thank for the TommyXGigi campaign that was recently announced. Tommy Hilfiger and supermodel Gigi Hadid have teamed up for a personal line of clothing, but that's for another post!


Tag me in picture of you wearing this new Tommy trend on Twitter (@vogue_alamode) or on Instagram (@vogue_alamode)!!!!




Stay Fierce
Amber xx

Tell me what you think!
Any suggestions? Comment them!
Enjoyed it? Share with your friends!!
Make sure to follow me to see when I update next!!



No comments:

Post a Comment