27 June 2014

OOTD with a twist

It's been a bit of time since the last Outfit of the Day, so given that I really liked my last couple of outfits the past week and I took numerous selfies, I bring you an 'inspired outfit of the past few days'.


In this awkwardly angled selfie, (apologies for the weirdness), it was a bit colder so I opted for some burgundy skinny jeans, and considering I love black, what else better than to balance the outfit out with a nice loose tank. To top it all off, and since I always need to have a jacket in my possession, I 'stole' my mother's GAP denim jacket.

What I love most about the pairing of these articles of clothing is the versatility of each part. The jeans, of course are a perfect option when you're stuck in that in between weather. The denim jacket works well with this outfit and weather type; leave the jacket on when it's a bit colder outside and when it gets warmer peel it off and you still have a cute outfit to show off.

Jeans: H&M
Tank Top: DKNY
Denim Jacket: GAP




Again, let's excuse my odd facial expression in this picture. So on this day, the weather warmed up but school cooled down, aka I was going to be cold. After rummaging through my closet I found some bold, purple shorts to correspond with the warmer weather, and brought out my grey-scale, knit sweater. I left my hair natural and BAM! The perfect summer, but still cold in school look introduced itself.

Sweater: H&M
Shorts: Forever 21




Just a few days ago, boredom consumed me so I dressed myself and took a trip to Target. Natural hair made an appearance, and some new high-waisted shorts joined the ride. Since I was in the stripes mood, I grabbed a loose, blue and grey sweater and kaboom! outfit complete. My new best friend, Rosette, also know as my Kate Spade bag.

Not much to say for this outfit other than it was a spur of the moment, wear whatever I saw.

Shorts: Marshall's
Sweater: GAP
Bag; Kate Spade




Please ignore the not-so-subtle attempt to show off my wrap. I wore my favourite grey shorts paired with my black tank top that I wear way too much and topped the outfit off with a beach wrap, cardigan type of thing with a cute design. The shades of blue completed my outfit consisting of my favourite colours to wear all the time.

The best part about the wrap is the light and flowiness that comes from it. It is a super thin, light fabric and it seems more of an accessory than a useful piece of clothing. Either way I love it.

Shorts: DKNY
Tank top: DKNY
Wrap: Marshall's


Happy Summer! Happy Styling!

Stay Fierce
Amber xx


No comments:

Post a Comment